BE MINDFUL OF SUGAR!
FACTS TO CONSIDER:
– [ ] The average person consumes 765 grams of sugar every 5 days. That is the equivalent of 17 cans of soda.
– [ ] The american heart association recommends we consume less than 10 teaspoons of sugar per day. The average person consumes about 32 teaspoons per day.
– [ ] If you took away all the sugar in the average american diet, it would equal about 500 calories per day or 3,500 calories per week.
– [ ] Excess sugar can lead to many health issues including but not limited too; diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and hypertension
– [ ] Sugar is as addictive as any recreational drug.
Understand that all sugar is not bad sugar. There are clean and efficient sources of natural sugar that can properly fuel your body (Fruits, agave nectar). The sugars that make me worry about you are those found in artificial sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup, and fruit juice concentrates. These are all damaging to your overall health and packed inside almost all of your favorite foods and beverages.
If you want to get healthy, you have to limit your sugar intake. Yes, sugar is used to provide the body with energy. However, when consumed in excess, your body stores what is not used as FAT!
A good rule of thumb is to look for foods with single digit grams of sugar per serving on the label. This does not account for any hidden sugars, but you can still effectively minimize your intake by sticking to single digit sugars per serving.
I challenge you to cut all processed, junk foods and beverages from your diet for 7 days. If you do not see or feel a positive difference in your health, I have 3 free training sessions waiting for you.
Hit me up with any questions
I hope this helps someone, somewhere